Mother's Day bookmarks

A friend asked me to make a button bookmark for her to give her mom for Mother's Day.  I was glad she did because it made me get back in the bookmark making mode.




It also made me realize that people might have special buttons from family members but don't know what to do with them.  So I put up two Etsy listings--one for the Mother bookmark using my button and one for a button bookmark made with buttons sent in by the customer.  They can also choose the word they want--REMEMBER, NANA, SISSY, EXPLORE, CHERISH....

I like how the buttons look dangling out of the book: 



I experimented with different ways of placing the buttons, which was fun.  I'll post pictures of some of the other options soon.  You can read more about the project on my blog.http://elizabethjennings.com/2015/04/18/for-mothers-day-and-beyond/

Comments

Kathy said…
What a fun idea! Good luck with your Etsy listing.
Laurie said…
I especially love the long ribbons with the buttons sewn on!